Pages

12/05/2009

The first post!

Welcome to my blog. This is my 1st ever post after deciding to join the blogging world.


I run a cupcake bakery from home and it is something I'm very passionate about. There is something really special about the cupcake. It's such an indulgence and can come in many guises and is something I love to play around with and come up with creative ideas. Also the satisfaction i get from seeing people's eyes light up when they see and taste them is great. Especially when you have the opportunity to help a couple create a magical wedding by working with them to create the perfect cupcakes.


Today I've been ploughing through the internet looking for new suppliers and have ordered some bits from http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/ and http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/


Made a batch of lemon cupcakes with lemon curd filling today. Half for an order and half for the boyfriend to take to football for an after match treat. A much more excited welcome than an orange!


Tomorrow plan to try out some new decorating techniques if my new tools arrive.


Have seen some fantastic wedding cakes on http://www.maisiefantaisie.co.uk/
I'd love to branch out to bigger cakes in the future but think i'll stick to cupcakes for now!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica
    Love the blog. Good luck with the cake business, it is so satisfying to have your own business, you work so much harder and so many more hours than you ever would for someone else.
    Would be interested to know if you needed to make many changes getting your kitchen to comply?
    I have yet to try blogging, what with Twitter an Flickr there seems little term to run the business! Maybe I'll just give up sleeping.
    Best wishes with it all, Jenny (icing works) x

    ReplyDelete